nedelja, 12. februar 2012

Day 43 - something from the past


My first thought was "I have nothing whatsoever" because I didn't know my grandparents and I decluttered the house seven years ago and threw away some stuff that I would keep now.
Then I opened a tiny box where I keep my few "memorabilia" and found the digital
pendant-watch I got for my confirmation. It was so beautiful and special and I didn't know I kept it. Then I found "English novel", a book from my student days, which was published by the English department of my university. I was also quite sure that I threw away all those books. What's more, my daughter number one is going to university in autumn and would like to study English as well. And next to that I found my "Memory book", that's what we called them and I don't know really what to call it in English. It was a sort of beautiful notebook that you gave to your classmates and teachers and friends and they drew something and wrote the date  and the name or perhaps some verse. The only reason I kept it is my late father's entry. He loved drawing and he took his time to imagine the verse himself.
I think everyone will have wonderful stories today as the prompt is pretty special.

5 komentarjev:

  1. Kristina, so lovely you found these things, I an imagine you I'll treasure that illustration from your Dad, these things always increase significance as the year pass x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Beautiful stories and memories. It's no nice to go back into the past, isn't it?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. What lovely memories to treasure. I am such a hoarder- but have got rid of loads of things over the last few years.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Your father could draw beautifully, what a lovely memento.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Thank goodness you hadn't thrown everything away. what lovely memories

    OdgovoriIzbriši