sreda, 02. maj 2012

Day 123 - futuristic

Touch screens, i pods, i pads ... seem very futuristic to a digital immigrant like myself. When I typed "futuristic computers" into Google I found a picture of  a rolled laptop and another of a wrist computer looking a bit like a watch. Wow, that is futuristic indeed! I wasn't sure if I could put the photos on my blog so there is just the one of my daughter checking something on her phone.
Can you imagine our generation in - let's say - 30 or 40 years if we are lucky enough to be alive using God knows what kind of computers? Twenty years ago I finished my studies using only a good old typewriter (not an electrical one).

3 komentarji:

  1. I once talked to my stepkids about my top range computer that had in 1988 a whooping 40Mb hard drive. They looked at each other and couldn't stop laughing for half an hour.
    A lot of things have happened in the past 30 years and it surely accelerates every day !

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Gosh yes, it was only a few years ago that we had the dial-up screech and the thought of a continually 'on' internet was a futuristic dream, now I don't know how I would manage without.
    Everytime I think I have a handle on it, they change it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. scary to think what we will all be using in the future

    OdgovoriIzbriši