petek, 22. februar 2013

Affairs of the heart 1 and 2

I struggled with this theme all week long but after reading all your special stories I am ready to add mine. My husband is not romantic and for years he always "forgot" my birthday and our anniversary. Valentine's day is not extremely popular in our country, it's in fact just commercial and not a real tradition so there weren't any presents worth mentioning either. But last year something finally happened in his head and he totally surprised me by buying me a brand new camera in my favourite colour. He planned the surprise quite a few days ahead of my birthday because then our eldest went on a school trip to Rome. It seems that after all an old dog can be taught some new tricks!!?? I must say that he patched up a lot of old heartbreak and wounds in this way. This year I followed the old tradition and told him clearly what I want for my birthday (at the end of March) a few weeks ago. So probably no surprise this year but it doesn't matter because I am in love with my present and am using it all the time - 36 Inktense pencils by Derwent.


As for the BFF affairs of the heart I could write lots and lots of sad stories. I was treated as the odd one out way too often. But that is the distant past and as I've already mentioned I changed my job about 11 years ago and met my best friend at my new job. I am really grateful for that and I found a really happy photo from our seaside holiday two years ago. We both went through some really hard times during the last decade but we are there for each other and we can always laugh together. Thanks T for everything!
I wish you all a nice weekend. We are on holidays next week and that makes me incredibly happy as well. Holidays are always a huge affair of the heart ;-D.

9 komentarjev:

  1. Kristina thank you for sharing this blog. It is personal and I think it is great that this year we are sharing really personal memories. Hope you find an artificial rose for next year :) and well done on cracking how to get a birthday present too xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. My Hubby sounds just like yours , it isn't he doesn't care he just has no idea what to get, so I also sent him links to what i wanted this year lol.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Oh I can so relate to the forgotten anniversaries of one occasion or another, but hey we love them and they love us :D and that is alll that matters. Have a fantastic holiday. xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I think there is a lot of expectation on people to be romantic. For me it is the everyday things that we do for each other, rather than the big days of celebration that really count. I also specify my gifts and so does my husband, that way we are both happy!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. lovely picture and i like your new camera, enjoy playing with it

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Thank you for sharing your story. We all pretty much seem to have unromantic hubbies don't we? LOL But we love them anyway. I am so happy for you that you have found that special friend that you can share with. I can't say I really have anyone other than my husband that I can talk to.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Kristina, thank you for joining in, it was lovely to 'read this sweet gesture from your husband, I often read blogs during work so then it is not always easy to comment .. catching up today x

    OdgovoriIzbriši