torek, 25. junij 2013

June quotation and nostalgia - holidays


June quotation from Lynne

“Life is like a camera.
Just focus on what’s important,
Capture the good times,
Develop from the negatives
And if things don’t turn out 
- Take another shot”
               ~ Anonymous
I am happy to post again after some crazy days. Yesterday was the last day of the school year for students and today is our national holiday - 22nd anniversary of Slovenian independence and the first day of school holidays. We have to work for another week but I am so glad that I survived another hard year and there are just a few days to go through.
The June quote is perfect and so so true. It's interesting that I used a similar quote on Happy 2008 cards. It said: "Life is like a photograph - to develop it we use the negatives." I can only say amen to that even if I am often fed up with all the negatives sent my way. 
BUT at the end of the year I must count my blessings: so many happy moments with the students at school and my "coffee colleagues" with whom we start every work day - sometimes whining and even more often laughing, my wonderful family, especially my daughters that I can be so proud of, a good life in general. 
I especially like the last line "take another shot" because that's exactly one should do when things don't go as planned. 
Lynne thank you for the inspiration and I really hope to have enough energy to take some snapshots during the week.

The first photo is of the largest organ in Slovenia in our most famous concert hall in Ljubljana (the capital). Our youngest is very good at playing the organ and the organ department at her music school celebrates 10 years this year. Her wonderful teacher thus organized  a special end of year concert with all his students. We enjoyed every moment of it - especially our daughter's performance and the fact that she had the place of honour and played last.

HOLIDAYS
I don't want to skip a week so I am adding a short post for Cathy's nostalgia challenge from last week. I could write novels about wonderful and interesting holidays, luckily there weren't any that were really disastrous, just a few ones that weren't as good as others.
As I've probably already mentioned I love seaside holidays and in the photo below you can see my favourite beach in a small Croatian village where we spent relaxing and happy days from  2007 to 2012. This year we are going to an island much nearer to us to save on the cost of the journey. I am looking forward to it but it won't be the same.


I was lucky enough to take part in three creative holidays - two in England, Nottingham and one in France. I attended different polymer clay workshops and enjoyed every moment. In 2008 I stayed in Nottingham for some days after the event to do some sightseeing. One day we went to this castle north of Nottingham. Even if the weather was rainy and cold at the end of July it still seems as the castle was something from a dream or a book. It is one of my best memories.

Have a nice summer week,
Kristina


6 komentarjev:

  1. Thank you for liking my quote this week and joining in with an interesting photo

    Congrats on the start of your school holidays, I can still remember how precious those are/were!!
    I am sure the island will be just as good as the Croatia beach!

    My son went to Nottingham Uni in the late 80's so we visited him during his 3 yrs there!

    hopefully you will come to UK again some day and then we can all meet up?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. That organ is fantastic.
    I agree with Lynne, it would be lovely to be able to meet.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. beautiful pictures, Kristina. didn't know Croatia is so beautiful. Have a great summer too ! xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. enjoy your last week and enjoy the holidays even more :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Great photos, enjoy your summer break from work and find time to relax. xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I know you were looking forward to the holidays so congratulations :) I hope you have a lovely break. Gorgeous photos xxx

    OdgovoriIzbriši