ponedeljek, 21. oktober 2013

Nostalgia - changes, quote - laughter

After a crazy week and an even crazier weekend I am catching up with the challenge.

Nostalgia 

Tell us about the biggest lifestyle changes in your lifetime.

Tell us how things changed for you from how your Mum lived.


The biggest changes in my life are undoubtedly related to computer technology. One can't believe how hard it was to study foreign languages and teach them without the Internet, smart boards or even photocopiers.
To compare my life with my mum's is even harder because our country used to be far behind the developed western Europe even towards the end of the 20th century. In 1980s there were really few cars in the villages and people travelled to and from work by bus. We got our first phone landline in 1990s - and every family was obliged to dig manually a certain length of ditch for the cables. They also had to pay lots of money. My parents grew up in houses without electricity or running water.

 Laptops, Kindles, tablets - that sounds like science fiction even to my older sisters! But I love all this new technology. I can see myself as an old lady using any computer-like machines (not yet invented) at leisure.

Laughter


Can you remember the last time you had a good belly laugh?
What makes you really laugh? Do you laugh as much now as you did when you were younger?
I definitely love laughing and I laugh a lot (really a lot) more now than when I was younger. I like my life and the small circle of friends that I have and I find lots to laugh about. I often laugh at myself - my confused and forgetful mind, many absurd things that can happen only to me or my family, my clumsiness...
When I work really hard (like these past few weeks) I love watching comedies and sitcoms at the end of the day to unwind. I've had so many belly laughs lately watching old episodes of "Keeping up appearances". French comic strips such as Asterix or Tintin make me also laugh.
                                              I love that kind of humour!

                                                      They are so funny!
Have a good week! I am looking forward to the autumn holidays next week. Hope you have something to look forward to and lots of things that make you laugh.
Kristina





5 komentarjev:

  1. Oh keeping up appearances is excellent, yes that is a great one for unwinding to. Have a good week. x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Wow how life was for your parents!!

    Love the things you laugh at, mine this week was Strictly come dancing, sorry not to blog, all packed tonight and ready to leave in the morning, speak to you next week xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Life was certainly hard for your parents.
    I also laugh about the same things you do.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Love the photo of the Teddy overlooking the computer. Where my dad grew up in Spain, the village didn't have electricity or running water either !

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Perfect! The photo of the Teddy - amazing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši