nedelja, 03. november 2013

Week 5 - future

Viv gave us a wonderful challenge after reading this poem:


Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
By Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain 
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.

 You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

I do hope to grow old and retire in good health so that I can do some silly things similar to the ones mentioned in the poem. I can't really write about my near future because it is very predictable - I will work at school and at home with little or no leisure time until Christmas holidays. 
But in the more distant future I would love to spend at least part of the year at the seaside or perhaps live there, I'd love to spend one our winter in Australia so that I would have two summers in a year. Even if that isn't possible I will be happy to enjoy the quiet life in my small village working in my dream flower garden and crafting. I have lots of materials to use...

I will have my whole life to scrap....

I would like to try the creative ideas and techniques from those magazines and books that just sit on my shelf. Even as it is I have too many interests. I will also be able to meet my friends for long coffee (and crafting) sessions and go on shopping sprees with them. 
Have a lovely week, I hope the weather isn't too dull (in my garden there are still flowers but it's rainy),
Kristina

4 komentarji:

  1. Your plans for the future sound lovely, like you I have too many interests and not enough time to give to any. xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Your future plans will be here before you know it Time goes by much too fast anymore. Enjoy all you can and remember being happy is important to any plans.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Your plans sound great to me. Meanwhile enjoy living in the now

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. The future is so unpredicatable!! Enjoy each now and I am sure with all your interests now will be busy!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši