četrtek, 06. marec 2014

Week 10/1 and week 9

My favourite fictional character is Mma Ramotswe from The No1 Ladies's Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. I love her kindness, wisdom, wit and the fact that she is a traditionally built lady.


These were my favourite reads for my children. The first one is by Erwing Moser, an Austrian author, who also illustrated the book himself. The stories are about quirky animals and they  are very short. It is called The checked owl. The other book is about a little chimney sweeper and a little train station master who lead very ordinary lives filled with unusual adventures.

Fact or fiction? Definitely fiction. The only exceptions are dictionaries, cookery books and gardening books. Boutique baking is my present to myself for my birthday at the end of the month. It's a hardback edition and not very cheap. It waited for me in the same bookshop for more than a year - I always opened it and had a look, but then put it back. It's worth the money though - the design is superb and the recipes are excellent.

That's the book I finished on Monday. I liked the beginning and the middle, but the ending totally disappointed me. I don't think I'll read it again.

WEEK 9

                                                                       cones

                                                             sort of H shapes

                                                                          grid

                                                                        sort of star

                                                                        trapeziums

                                                                    an S shape

                                                              semi circle
Hopefully I will be able to read your posts at the weekend, I miss you, but the last two weeks were very busy again.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Kristina


4 komentarji:

  1. What a great catch up, Kristina. You have found some interesting shapes.
    I also love the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I think Mma Ramotswe is a wonderful character.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Great selection for Kathi's challenges. x

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Kristina, a great catch up and fab shape photos, well done xxxx No 1 Det Agency on TV I could never get into let alone read!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. great books and lovely pictures

    OdgovoriIzbriši